Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ugh, back to 7.45 wake up calls......

Recipe for the day: Far more than a handul of chocolate chip cookies, a sprinkling of writing, and an hour or so of simmering gossip.

Second to last official sleep in morning before back to school runs on Monday. (Yay for the kids, boo for the early starts!)I thought I'd grown out of being able to sleep in until 11.00, but apparently not. Although the reprecussions of this indulgence is a trashed living room and kitchen as the little ladies decided they wanted a breakfast instead of a brunch..... but small price to pay really.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I've got a pretty good system going at the moment. You know the saying 'if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it'? Well, I've gotten off my ass the last couple of weeks and started 'doing' things, and I am actually getting loads done, granted in small amounts, but satisfying nonetheless.

And I've started writing the book again. Scattered bits and pieces, which hopefully sometime in the next millenium will knit together, but writing all the same. I didn't really make it a New Year's resolution as such, as those for me are always doomed to backfire, but I guess it's sort of an unofficial, unuttered resolution. Until now, I guess. And will probably continue to be a resolution until I'm 93. But that line of thinking goes against my real New Year's resolution, so I'm sure that I'll probably be much, much younger by the time I publish the book...... like maybe 85 or so.

No comments: