Thursday, January 11, 2007

January is a bit like Monday......

Recipe for the day: a bowl of Grapenuts (and at 5 euros for a small box, they are like the white truffle of breakfast cereals!), 30 minutes of interval training, probably some striping in the hallway, and as the Duke is going out tonight, the contents of a rectangular box from the freezer.

I have always loved Mondays, I guess it's because I figure they are going to come around each week, whether I want them to or not, so I might as well embrace them and use them to my advantage. Monday is the start to a new week, where anything might happen, and I've got the whole week to accomplish things. So I never feel guilty if I don't workout or write on Mondays, because I know I have the rest of the week to make up for my procrastinating.

Well, I've decided January is like a month full of Mondays. I've got the whole year to do things. And if I do manage to complete anything in January, I can feel quite smug to think what a head start I have on the whole year. I can afford to slow down a bit in February......

So instead of dreading January, I'm welcoming it with open arms, feeling excited about what might happen this year (which, as sure as anything is probably jinxing the hell out of me!), and feel content looking out over the plans I have for 2007. Last year at this time I hadn't the foggiest that I would be moving house or going to Rome. Maybe if I don' t think about writing my novel, it'll just surprise me and get written.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would gladly pay 5 euros for a small box of grapenuts. Where can you find them in the south of France?

The Duchess said...

I can usually find them at the Intermarche in Bedarieux.