Sunday, January 11, 2009

Congratulations....

Magic27! You are the lucky winner of the first official, highly official, Pop Quiz draw at the Dukedom. A copy of Pardon My French by Charles Timoney will be on its way to you shortly, you just need to send me your mailing address through the comment link (don't worry, I won't publish it!).

And thanks to the hundreds of people who participated (ok, 5). Only two names ended up going into the prize draw though, A Work in Progress and Magic27, as these were the only two that scored 15/15. But Dedene (who's answers are in the Moi Je Suis post) made me laugh with her answer of Eartha Kitt for question #11. Had the late Mme Kitt been a little older, she certainly could have been the right answer...

So well done and hope you enjoy the book!

And on another note, I think I've gone hyperlink mad...

3 comments:

Magic27 said...

Wow! I'm so excited! Can I now claim to be a world expert on French culture? No? Oh well, never mind...

Thank you very much for the prize - I'll look forward to reading it (and passing it on to my father, whose French is so limited it's frightening).

And, perhaps, I'm just being incredibly dense (always a possibilty), but what exactly is your e-mail address (my guess is it's on your blog page somewhere but I'll be damned if I can see it...)? I'll send you my postal address as soon as...

Many thanks again for the fun quiz (I love me some quizzes!)!

The Duchess said...

Magic, just send your postal address as a comment, it comes through to my email. I won't publish for the world to see though!

Isabelle said...

Congratulations, Magic27!
I'm French and only had 12 answers right!