Friday, August 15, 2008

A quiet affirmation of writing...

I know I haven't done any other book reviews here, but to be honest, it's been awhile since I've been in love enough with a book to shout about it.

And also I know how annoying it is when someone tells you that you just gotta read this book. So all I'll say is, wow, this is the best writing I have read in a long time. Sentences that almost make me weep they are so beautifully crafted. You know how as a teenage girl you would rewind and rewind again your favorite song on a cassette? I find myself re reading sentences and paragraphs because they are just so damn beautiful.

The plot is haunting, the characters are small and perfectly formed, but the words, the imagery, the similes... (Whoever said similes should be used sparingly in fiction should use this as the textbook on how to use them perfectly).

I feel as if I've been dying of thirst and this book has offered me a ice cold glass of milk.

Have you read it? Did you like it?

No comments: