Saturday, November 25, 2006

Piles of Leaves......


Recipe for the day: Some cold medicine, some quiet, a hug, and a heaped tablespoon of something hilariously funny.

The only trouble with a garden with gorgeous, mature trees is the amount of leaves they produce. The never ending act of raking leaves into piles feels rather symbolic of my life at the moment.....
I was able to break the sometimes overwhelming monotony of growing toddlers with a short break to Rome last week. Four days of eating, walking, drinking and people watching and not a nappy in sight. Bliss!
The leave piling equivalent for house renovations is still going, albeit a little slower than I would like. The kitchen is ordered and due to arrive in January, and now all we have to do to get ready for it is new flooring, new walls, new ceiling, new electrics and new plumbing. I need a bigger rake.
I've decided to start my New Year's fitness resoulution early, I just haven't gotten around to actually doing anything about it yet.....

No comments: