Thursday, November 30, 2006

A few minutes of p&q.......

Recipe for the day: a handful of exercise, at least 2 cups of coffee, 2.5litres of bleu de breton paint, and quite possibly, if easily attainable, a quick nap.

I love this kind of morning. Brisk morning walk in to school with the oldest little lady, and down a certain little street, the chateau at the top of the village lights up like a headlight with the dawning sun beaming on it. Come back into a warm and cosy house, to find everyone is still asleep.

With peanut butter toast and a cup of coffee, I hid away in my office, enjoying the silence.
Of course it doesn't last long, and the littlest lady comes running downstairs with her shoes on the wrong feet, a purple fluffy eye mask on her head, and snot pouring out of her nose, to give me a hug and eat the rest of my toast. Now the day begins.

The Christmas lights have been put up in the village streets, but not turned on yet. It's almost, but not quite, the Christmas season.

It has been unseasonably warm here, and I find I'm missing the usual smell of the smoking chimneys as I walk through the village. There are irises flowering in my garden. I'm feeling a little freaked out by how warm it has been, and can't help thinking about how little I know about Global Warming. Where's Al Gore when you need him?

2 comments:

angela said...

I'm enjoying your blog.
Will be back in 2007!
Angela

The Duchess said...

Thanks Angela, glad to know there is someone out there! Happy 2207!