Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Rolling Stones in Cannes...

The Cannes Film Festival starts next week, and while I have been there, done that, I'd love to go this year to see the Rolling Stones, who are coming to promote their new documentary 'Stones in Exile'. The documentary covers the making of their legendary 1972 album 'Exile on Main Street', which is set for re-release next month.

The premier of the documentary is part of an add-on event called Director's Fortnight which runs in conjunction with the main festival. Almost like the Stones will be party crashing, how very fitting..... The album was made on the Riviera while the Stones were on a self-imposed exile from the UK taxman. Can't wait to see the documentary, but bummed I can't see them in Cannes, where rumour has it they may do a little impromptu performance.

Rock and roll on the Riviera with the Rolling Stones. I'll probably be mopping my floors. Oh well, a girl can dream, can't she?

4 comments:

deedee said...

We used to go down and watch the Canal+ Guignols live-broadcasting on the Croisette...and star watching, too. We saw a few! Fun times, and to think, you were there, too :)

The Duchess said...

lol Meredith, we probably passed each other more than a few times!

Anonymous said...

You should go down and try to see them. I'd love to go sometimes. I'd join Meredith at the Canal+ stage.

The Duchess said...

Hi Dedene, I'd love to just drop everything and go, but my kids might never forgive me for missing a gymnastics meet because I wanted to play aging groupie for the weekend instead!lol