Monday, November 02, 2009

Prix Goncourt 2009...

And the award goes to.... French-Senegalese author Marie NDiaye, for her book Trois Femmes Puissantes (Three Powerful Women).

The 106th author to be awarded the prize, Marie NDiaye is the first black author to win, and the first woman since 1998 to be given the highest honor in the French literary world.

Mme NDiaye published her first novel when she was 18 (man, I hate that!). Can't help but feeling like time is running out on me.....

This novel looks interesting, strong female protagonists, and all of that, so think it might be worth delving back into the French literary scene. I've been enjoying a pretty good run of reading some good books lately, after having been de-railed slightly by this whole 'parenting' thing. But it's been awhile since I was tempted to read in French. Looks like a good place to start.

Have any of you read it yet? If so, let me know what you thought!

No comments: