Monday, March 09, 2009

Move over Cosmo...

A new French women's magazine was launched this past week, called Causette (chat), which is supposed to be “plus féminine du cerveau que du capiton", which basically means it isn't going to be full of celebrity gossip, cellulite removal, diets and what not to wear.

This is supposed to be a magazine for the thinking, modern woman, featuring interviews and top-notch features on diverse subjects, complemented by stunning photos and a bit of humor. It would be nice to think that maybe I could stop buying GQ and Esquire now (because let's face it, the writing is usually very good, but I don't so much need the pin-ups or the gadget sections).

Causette was launched just in time to coincide with La Journée de la Femme and is on sale in 183 towns throughout the country. Since my little village isn't included on this list of towns that are crying out for an alternative to marie claire, I haven't seen a copy yet. So if any of you living in one of the French big smokes get a chance to buy a copy, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Printemps said...

i feel liberated

deedee said...

I'll keep my eye open for that one, it sounds like it's worth a try. I buy Marie Claire once in awhile, more to read there than Elle.

La Belette Rouge said...

I want the cellulite cures that this magazine is offering. If only they worked. I love these kind of magazines for practicing my non-existent French.