Saturday, December 13, 2008

Looking for a dress for the holidays?

Fancy a bit of Dior for your New Year's Eve party? The first lady of France is selling one of her Dior frocks today at auction in Paris, in support of the AIDES association.

Mme Bruni-Sarkozy became French Ambassador for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS on the first of December, World AIDS Day. I hadn't realized that her brother, Virginio, died with HIV in 2006, at the age of 46. Obviously a cause close to her heart.

I can only imagine how much the dress will go for (which obviously is a great thing for the association), and I would buy it myself as I'm sure it would fit me perfectly (uh-um), but it's just not a great color for me.

I remember one of Princess Diana's dresses going for over $200,000 at a charity auction. Hopefully there is a tall, size 36 (6 in US) woman out there who isn't suffering from le credit crunch and is feeling generous. Anyone?

2 comments:

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Speaking of dresses, I saw this blog with dress giveaways for little girls, and thought of you. Not sure what size your little ladies are, but definitely worth checking out:

http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/

The Duchess said...

Thanks for that, I'll check it out!