Monday, November 03, 2008

double o sept....


I'm afraid this is just one more movie I must see in English. I guess I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to see any movie in French, except a French movie.

But 'Je m'appelle Bond, James Bond' just doesn't work for me.


It's actually quite difficult to see a film in vo anglais outside of the bigger cities down here in the south. I went to Montpellier a couple of weeks ago to see 'Mamma Mia' at 3.00 in the afternoon (how sad is that?), and the one séance that day, and that day alone, was canceled due to the live opera from New York that was being shown.

I remember living in England, desperate to see foreign films and only getting to once they came out on video. I really need to figure out how to do this whole illegal movie downloading thing.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree about seeing it in English. And I do have the whole illegal download thing down (neither of our 2.5 local cinemas ever offer anything in VO unless it's film festival). But you generally have to wait for a while in order to get a good copy. There is nothing quite as annoying as being all excited to see something and then is starts and you sense something is wrong, and then someone's head walks by or the picture jiggles and you realize it's a camcorder copy! Drat, foiled again!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

How are you adding you tube videos right into the text of your blog? I can't quite figure it out. I am only getting options for myspace and facebook, but blogger.

Thanks for the help!

The Duchess said...

Thanks Cara, I'll have to check it out!
WIP, when you are on youtube, there is a code to the left of the video which says 'embed'. Copy this code straight into your blog text, and voilà. Let me know if it doesn't work for you!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Thanks, it worked!
Were you able to vote? I thought of you when SD went red! poohie!

The Duchess said...

Glad it worked. I did vote, absentee ballot from Colorado, where I last lived in the States. I saw that most of the mid west went republican, no surprises there!